Are you intimidated with planning a trip away from your home waters?
BOATS of RI can help you make that trip planning a pleasant part of the trip instead of an arduous task.
BOATS of RI will help you with every step of the planning process including:
· Selecting a route
· Use of charts to plot the route
· Selection of waypoints and creation of the route
· Factoring in tides and currents
· Calculating fuel consumption and travel times
· Use of PC software in planning a trip
· Factoring in the weather forecasts
· Go or No Go decision making
· Outfitting the boat for the trip
· Arranging for dockage and services along the way
· Using the Coast Pilot and Cruising guides
· Preplanning alternatives in case of unexpected conditions
For most boaters 4-8 hours are required to plan a trip of approximately 1 week with several overnight stops. Time required to fully plan the trip varies with the waters traversed, the experience of the boaters and equipment available on board.